Ceped is composed of
- 40 Researchers, Academics, and Senior Research Officers
- 4 Research support staff
- 49 PhD Candidates
- 10 Post-doctorants
- 5 Members on contract
- 34 Research associates
Our research is dedicated to populations and development in the Global South, with a focus on three specific areas:
- Health and gender (team 1)
- International migrations and social dynamics (area 2)
- Education and knowledge in developing countries (team 3).
Ceped research is interdisciplinary, drawing on demography, economics, law, geography, sociology, anthropology, and socio-linguistics, and conducted in partnership with Global South research teams.
We network with the following organizations and groups :
- Regional Pilot Programs in French regions (programmes pilotes régionaux: PPRs) such as Polmaf (“Public Policies, Societies, and Globalization in sub-Saharan Africa”)
- The iPOPS (Individuals, Populations, Societies) project, a laboratory of excellence )
- Social Sciences Federation for the Global South, comprising the Universities of Paris 3, Paris 5 (Descartes), and Paris 7.
- Observatories such as Sudelites.
Since the 2010-2011 academic year, Ceped researchers and academics have been offering a Master’s in “Population and Development Expertise” at Paris Descartes University.