Atelier organisé à Honolulu (Hawaï) par The Asian Development Bank (ADB), en collaboration avec l’East-West Center et l’University of Hawaii at Manoa
Appel à communications jusqu’au 16 septembre 2011
Extrait de la présentation en ligne :
Promote smooth, inclusive and green urbanization in Asia through rigorous research and policy dialogues.
Present analytical findings and policy recommendations that can help developing Asia manage its urbanization process.
Call for papers
Both research and policy oriented papers are welcome provided that findings, conclusions and policy recommendations are based on solid evidence. Manuscripts can focus on Asia as a whole, group of countries or individual economies, preferably from the developing Asia-Pacific region.
Papers can deal with but are not limited to the following topics :
- Determinants and impacts (on growth, environment, inequality/poverty...) of urbanization
- Assessment of urbanization strategies and policies (successes and failures)
- The role of government in urbanization including financing for infrastructure and public services
- Urban-rural disparity, migration and remittances
- Major challenges (pollution, congestion, slums...) and possible solutions
- Employment, housing and land market issues
- Comparative study on urbanization issues in Asia and other regions."
Source : UIESP